Administrative Professionals Day is this Wednesday (4/23/14).
Whether you work in a traditional office setting or you work at home as a virtual assistant, it’s nice to feel appreciated.
If you’re a boss or own your own online business and utilize a virtual assistant or other support staff on a regular basis, you are probably pretty thankful for all the time and energy that assistant saves you. Finding ways to show appreciation can go a long way in working relationships.
There are many ways to show these team players you are grateful for their help. Here are a few simple things you can do to show them they’ve made a difference:
- Say Thank You – One of the most simple things that can be done to show love.
- Letter of Appreciation – Express the importance of their work to you and your business in a nice letter.
- Written Testimonial – This one is SO important for those that are getting and keeping their businesses going. A written recommendation from you can go a long way in helping them expand their business.
- Word of Mouth Recommendations – If your assistant is seeking additional clients, don’t keep them to yourself! Tell your friends how they’ve helped you in your business.
- Like, Share and Promote – Everyone likes support in what they do, if you are able, show it via social media.
- Encourage – Who doesn’t need a little encouragement? Supporting a newly established or veteran VA can really buoy them in their efforts toward success.
As you can see, there are several ways to express your gratitude with no cost at all.
Occasionally it is appropriate to go a step further by giving your helper a small gift. Here are just a few staff appreciation ideas that will make them feel valued:
- Thank You Card – This one is an inexpensive way to show appreciation.
- Gift Certificate or Card for Coffee – Who doesn’t need coffee?! 😉
- Conversation Clues – Listen for things they say in conversations about what they like. It may be as simple as knowing they like peppermints, the color pink and pancakes. (If you get creative, there are many things you could do with this information.)
- Chocolate – When isn’t chocolate appropriate?! 😀
- Office Store Gift Card – I can’t speak for all the VAs out there, but I’m nerdy like that and love officey stuff!
- Movie Subscription – There are several companies that offer movie subscriptions for a gift that says, “Unplug, sit back and relax for a while!”
- Magazine Subscription – This could be a professional magazine or something for fun that they’re interested in.
- Manicure Gift Certificate – For those that get manicures, this is a real luxury!
- Virtual Assistant Service – Does your virtual assistant need an assistant? Purchase a service or a couple hours that they could use for their own business needs.
There are a ton of staff appreciation ideas for Administrative Professionals Day–in a range from free to fairly affordable. Whatever the case, your gratitude will boost your assistant’s moral Wednesday, and beyond…
What are your ideas? Tell me in the comments.
Talk to you soon,
P.S. Connect with me on social media by clicking on the icons in the top right sidebar.